For the 12th episode of the For The Record podcast, I went over to spend an afternoon at Studio 301 with Matt Cramer and Cassandra Mullinix. Aiming to provide a one-stop shop for all things local artists may need – from recordings and professional photography to everything else in between – at an affordable price, Studio 301 is looking to become every local musician’s new best friend. In addition to the songs heard here – songs that, by the way, were recorded at the studio – we sat and discussed a whole bunch of things. Among them:
– What some of the best-kept secrets in Frederick music are.
– The status of Cramer’s band, Matthew Martin and the Restless Weary, and who the current lineup may or may not feature.
– The trials and tribulations of heading into a studio to record for the first time.
– What type of recording gear Cramer likes to use.
– If the art of going to a studio to record has gone by the wayside as the ability to record has become much easier through the years.
– And, of course, what the best place to see live music is, in the City of Frederick.
Anyone interested in checking out what Studio 301 has to offer, check them out on Facebook here or follow them on Twitter here. There’s a whole bunch of great stuff in here, and if you are a local musician and are even remotely interested in stepping into the studio to record a few things, these guys have an operation that you most certainly want to check out. It’s affordable. It’s professional. And most important, it’s local!