Who doesn’t like a good reason to drive over to Flying Dog’s tap room?! That’s what we did a couple weeks ago to sit down with Erin Weston, the brewery’s Director of Communications. Why do that? Because we are smack-dab in the middle of Flying Dog’s Summer Sessions concert series. Considering how the fine people over there have been gracious enough to allow us to set up shop at each of their four concerts this summer, we thought it’d be a good idea to dive in a little more to learn about the planning that goes into these types of events. Among the things we discuss:
– How they choose the bands for each summer.
– How important it was for Flying Dog to keep the opening acts as local as they could (Old Indian and Heavy Lights are taking the stage during these final two shows).
– What might set Frederick apart from surrounding cities.
– What Flying Dog has in store for this weekend’s event, which will feature J Roddy Walston And The Business in the headlining spot.
– And, of course, who some of Ms. Weston’s favorite local artists are.
For those interested in entering our two-ticket giveaway for the weekend’s show, click here. For those interested in buying your own tickets, you can still do so here (though hurry – they’re going fast!). As you’ll hear if you click on the button at the top of this page, we play songs from both bands set to perform Saturday night, so if you’re wondering where you can find out more about each artist, you can follow J Roddy on Twitter here or you can check out Old Indian’s Facebook page here. There’s a lot of good stuff that you’ll want to devour (I promise), so even if you’re sick of me … listen for the music! You won’t be disappointed.