Ladies and gentlemen. Children of all ages. Come one, come all. Frederick Playlist is about to take the next step in its evolution (whatever that means) by organizing the first-ever Frederick Playlist Presents … Frederick Music Showcase. We are taking some of the best Frederick musicians/bands and putting them all under one roof for one night in February.
And that one roof, friends, will be the roof of the Weinberg Center for the Arts.
The date? Thursday, February 19, 2015.
The time? 7 p.m.
The artists? Hard Swimmin’ Fish (7 p.m.). The Knolly Moles (7:45 p.m.). Heavy Lights (8:45 p.m.). Old Indian (9:45 p.m.).
The price? $10
The extra goodies? Oh, there are tons. Let’s get to them.
– In addition to the bands performing on the Weinberg stage, there will be live acoustic music going on in the lobby between acts. Thus, the music never stops.
– The full spectrum of Monocacy Brewery Beers.
– A commemorative pint glass will be offered up to each ticket holder.
– A handful of events both leading up to the concert and immediately following the concert. You’ll have to check back to find out exclusive details as they become available.
– And, of course, free beer koozies for all. Because, duh.
The fine lads in Old Indian will also be releasing their debut full-length, “Mumble,” around this time, so be prepared to hear some brand new tracks. Heavy Lights have been hard at work, touring here, there, and everywhere, in support of their latest record, “Mad Minds.” The Knolly Moles are headed to South By Southwest in March, so you’ll want to give them a proper send off. And Hard Swimmin’ Fish … well, come on, now. Hard Swimmin’ Fish are the Original Gangsters of traditional blues here in Frederick. Who doesn’t love them?
As you might imagine, we’ll have a deluge of content coming through the pipes aimed at getting everybody primed and ready to go once Feb. 19 comes around, so be sure to check back to this tiny corner of the Internet over the next six weeks for giveaways, news, information and details on the event. It’s going to be can’t-miss, friends. Nobody’s going to want sit this one out.