Can you believe this thing is about to turn three years old? So weird.
Indeed, friends, Thursday night is the third-annual Frederick Music Showcase at the Weinberg Center for the Arts, right here in lovely downtown Frederick, Maryland. As we’ve done each year before the fun commences, we are here to give you – yes, you! – the lowdown on everything that will be going on. First and foremost, check out the set times:
- Stitch Early: 7 p.m.
- Guys In Thin Ties: 8 p.m.
- Cheshi: 9 p.m.
- Bad Seed Rising: 10 p.m.
Got all that? Good. Each act gets 45 minutes to rock, rap and roll and doors are at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 now, but they tick up to $15 the day of the show. We can’t stress this enough, friends: Save some money and get some tickets now! You don’t want to have to spend five more bucks, do you?! Do you?!?!
OK. Anyway. Now. On to the new stuff.
First, our dear friends from the Uncapped podcast will be taping – and live streaming! – an episode of said podcast beginning around 6:15 p.m. They’ll be meeting all your booze-talk-radio-podcast needs by offering up an installment of their distillery series, and for Thursday’s episode, they are set to profile Dragon Distillery. Also of note: You will now be allowed to take whatever alcoholic beverage you may or may not have purchased into the actual Weinberg Theater itself! That’s right, friends. No more sticking to the lobby!
As for other details? Check it out:
- The fine people at JoJo’s Tap House will be selling some food to meet all your “Oh no, my stomach is growling!” needs.
- The fine people at Flying Dog Brewery will be marking the occasion by releasing this year’s batch of Tropical Bitch, and that sounds fun.
- The fine people in Cheshi will be releasing their debut self-titled EP, and you know you won’t want to not have your hands on that.
- The fine people at Shuckin’ Shack are hosting an official pre-party, so before you head over to the Weinberg, you’ll want to head over to shuck some shack.
- The fine people at both JoJo’s Tap House and Firestones will be hosting respective after-parties once all the fun winds down at the Weinberg.
Also, because we just can’t give it up, there will indeed be brand new koozies – what color are we up to by now, 692?! – that we will unveil and give away to all the fine people who decide to come rock it and roll it on such a fine evening (a lot of fine stuff, we know). There will be surprises. There will be music. There will be fun. And there will be a 46 percent humidity (Thanks, Weather Channel!).
So. 6 p.m. Thursday. It’s a date?